Friday, March 1, 2013

Carl's Jr. Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich

I ended up eating the left overs from Thursday night's dinner for lunch on Friday, so I needed to cook something on Friday (which is not usually a cooking night for me).   Since we are planning to have guests over on Saturday night, Friday night needed to be only a one night meal.

A few days ago, I drove by a Carl's Jr. restaurant and almost stopped in for a Santa Fe Chicken sandwich.   I used to really like this sandwich, but like many fast food places the quality of the food has gotten so bad I have lost almost any desire to eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Carl's Jr., or Wendys.   These days the food is cooked some amount of time before the food is served and then kept in warming bins.  The number of times I have had cold, dry food is enough to put me off for good.   So, when I drove by the Carl's Jr, I was wanting the Santa Fe Chicken sandwich I remember, not the one they currently serve.



I did a google search and found what some people claimed was the recipe for the marinade and the recipe for the sauce for the Santa Fe Chicken Sandwich.   Its basically a grilled chicken breast marinated in teriyaki sauce, and the "Santa Fe Sauce" applied to the bun which consists of mayonnaise, paprika, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.   Melt some cheese on top and thrown on a roasted jalapeno and you've got the Santa Fe Chicken sandwich.

That was dinner friday night and it tasted very close to the Santa Fe chicken sandwich I remember from a few years ago, which I like very much, but as it turns out, my wife does not.





No comments:

Post a Comment