Thursday, March 28, 2013

Kung Pao Chicken at Hunan Home's

It was Ocean's night at my daughter's elementary school and it would be too late to eat dinner by the time we would get home, so my wife and daughter ate before the event.   I drove separately and met them at school and then stopped at my favorite Chinese restaurant, Hunan Home's in Mountain View, California on the way home.

I don't really understand why there is an "apostrophe s" after Home in the name of the restaurant.   I think the name is supposed to mean this restaurant is the home of hunan style of cooking, in which case, it should be Hunan's Home or even Home of Hunan. 

I have been a customer of this place since 1998 when I worked for a startup company in Mountain View.   And then, a few years ago, I worked for another Mt. View company which is located only a few blocks from Hunan Home's. 



Most people I know do not like this restaurant and my wife has never really liked Chinese food.    So, this tends to be a place I go when I am alone.    My favorite dish at this restaurant is Kung Pao Chicken and that's exactly what I had for dinner tonight.   It was delicious and I left feeling stuffed.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment