Saturday, March 23, 2013

Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto

After the pesto pizza a couple of weeks ago from Willow Street, I found myself craving another pesto dish.   I came across a Cooking Light recipe for Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto on myrecipes.com this morning while browsing and planning meals for the weekend.   On Thursday, Whole Foods had a lot of perfect looking fresh asparagus on display and I was thinking that I wanted to make something with asparagus this weekend.   I really enjoyed this dinner and the fresh asparagus and pesto were really delicious.     



The recipe called for 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, which seemed like a lot of garlic, but I went ahead with it.   I thought the pesto was maybe a little too garlicky but my wife said it was too garlicky for her.   I will definitely make this dish again in the future, but with less garlic.

Saturday night dinners are one time meals with no left overs planned.   I like to try new dishes on Saturday nights so that if it things don't turn out well, I haven't ruined dinner for two nights.

It took me about an hour to prepare this dinner, plus make poached salmon and some mac and cheese for my 9 year old daughter who has not yet developed a taste for pesto or shrimp or asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment