Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ground Beef Kabobs and Jerusalem Salad

My house guests were back in town tonight and came by for another dinner.   They stayed in San Francisco last night and had planned come back for dinner and to stay the night tonight.   The first night they were here, they were pretty tired from the international flight.   They went to bed right after dinner, so the next morning I invited them over for dinner and stay the night another night before the ventured off to other parts of the country.

For dinner tonight, I made Ground Beef Kabobs, Jerusalem Salad, Hummus, and Rice.   This is a family dinner I had many times growing up.   Jerusalem Salad is a well known dish with many variations.  If you google  "Jerusalem Salad" Recipe you get over 3000 search results.     My variation of this dish has the basic cucumber, tomato, and parsley and the dressing consists of salt, tahini, yogurt, and fresh lemon juice.



The dinner was pretty good.   I would have liked the kabobs to have a little more salt and be a bit more done in the middle.   The grill temp got too low towards the end of the cooking process.

After dinner we sat outside around the fire pit and drank wine and told stories.   Before Monday night, I had not seen my friends for 18 years.   I hope we will be able to get together again before another couple of decades go by.

I had planned to have leftovers from this dinner, but we ate too much, so I will have to cook again tomorrow night.    I feel a chicken dish coming on...




No comments:

Post a Comment