Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Italian Sausage Puttanesca

I was thinking about making lasagna tonight, but it just seemed to rich and cheesy.   I thought maybe I could find something similar to lasagna but lighter so I did a search on myrecipes.com for Italian recipes which required baking and which were published in Cooking Light.    I found several, and decided to make Italian Sausage Puttanesa.



This was the first time I have made this recipe, and this dish was pretty easy to make--  chop up some onions and peppers, throw them in a pan with sausage and garlic and cook.   Add in some canned chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, olives, capers (from a jar), and some anchovy paste and cook a little more.   Then mix everything with some cooked penne pasta, sprinkle freshly grated parmesan on top, and then throw it in the oven for 15 minutes.

And it was delicious.   My wife liked this, too, to this is something I will definitely make again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment