Saturday, March 16, 2013

Steak and Cheeseburgers

Nothing like a juicy grilled steak with a side of cheeseburgers!   Just kidding.   I was in the mood for a grilled cheeseburger tonight, but my daughter doesn't like hamburgers anymore and my wife wanted steak.   So, I grilled some New York strips for my wife and daughter and a cheeseburger for me.



I also heated up some frozen french fries in the oven.   I don't really like these much anymore.   I started serving frozen fries a couple of years ago, but they are always disappointing.   They were kind of a novelty at first because we never deep fry anything at home.   My daughter likes them, so I don't mind making them for her, but I realized tonight that I just don't want to eat them.   I had some really excellent fries at lunch today at Cooks Seafood in Menlo Park, so in comparison to my lunch, the frozen fries were especially unsatisfying tonight.   Well, the cheeseburger was delicious.

I have completely lost any desire to eat hamburgers from most fast food places.   I don't know if its me, but the quality of fast food burgers seems to get worse and worse.    I have just had a few too many cold, dry burgers via the drive through windows.   I think the drive through window is transforming the classic American hamburger into the cultural equivalent of canned spam.

Well, this post marks one month since I started this blog about my cooking.   Its been handy for me to have a record and personal commentary about the meals I have made.   I find now that when I am trying to plan a meal or menu for the week, a quick review of my posts helps me come up with ideas.   I think over a few more months it will help me keep me from repeating some dishes too often.

I started this blog on Feb-16, and over the past month I have made 16 dinners and gone out to dinner twice. and we haven't had the same meal more than once, and most of the dinners were really good.   In general, I enjoy cooking at home much more than going out for dinner and most of the time, my meals are much healthier than what I would get at a restaurant.






No comments:

Post a Comment