Friday, March 29, 2013

Grilled Fusion Chicken and Black Bean Salad

Since I didn't cook anything last night as I normally would on a Thursday night, I had no left overs for dinner tonight, so I needed to prepare something.   Nothing from my list of recipes seemed appealing so I decided to try something new.   I grilled some marinated chicken breasts.   The recipe for the marinade came from a Sunset magazine recipe I found on myrecipes.com.  



The recipe is called Grilled Fusion Chicken but a better name would be Grilled Tequila Chipotle Chicken.   The marinade is basically oil, lime, tequila, salt, chipotle, fresh ginger, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.   The chicken had a wonderfully unique flavor and my wife and I both liked it.   The Sunset recipe for Fusion chicken also called for a rich creamy sauce made from whipping cream and some unused marinade, but I forgot to save some marinade for this so I did not end up making the sauce.

To go with the chicken, I made a Black Bean Salad from a Cooking Light recipe I found on myrecipes.com.   The salad turned out great.  My wife put her chicken in the salad along with some tortilla chips.   She really liked the combination of the chicken and the salad. 



Overall, it was a really delicious dinner.   And after getting the tequila out for the marinade and since I had lots of limes on hand, we decided to make margaritas, which were also very good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment