Saturday, March 30, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp

I was in the mood for something with pasta and shrimp and found a Cooking Light recipe for Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp on myrecipes.com.   Several people had reviewed this recipe and given it very high ratings in myrecipes.com   Since its a Saturday night dinner, I didn't need to have left overs and that makes it a good night to try something new. 



This recipe uses a fresh herbs including parsley, sage, and thyme.   I don't use sage or thyme very often so I though this recipe would also provide with an opportunity to get more familiar with these herbs.  I was a little concerned that they might over power the other flavors in the dish, but that did not turn out to be the case.

There is a fair amount of chopping (onions, parsley, sage, thyme, peppers) to do before you can start cooking with this recipe, but once this is done, the cooking time is fairly short and the process moves along quickly.   My wife roasted the red peppers while I chopped, they were ready just as I finished all of the other prep work. 

The onions and garlic sauteing in olive oil and butter smelled great.   And a few minutes after we started cooking the onions, we where mixing the shrimp and herbs and pasta together.   Dinner turned out great and we enjoyed a wonderful sauvignon blanc with our dinner.  




No comments:

Post a Comment