Sunday, March 10, 2013

Halibut with Spicy Mint Cilantro Chutney

Halibut with Spicy Mint Cilantro Chutney is a family favorite and another Cooking Light recipe I got from myrecipes.com.    This is probably the 5th or 6th time I have made this and each time resulted in a delicious dinner.    I make the chutney first.   Pulling the leaves off the cilantro and the mint and then chopping the mint and cilantro takes about half of the prep time for me... I'm a slow cook.    So, this meal usually takes me a little over an hour to prepare.



I used wild caught, previously frozen Alaskan halibut for tonight's dinner.   Fresh halibut turns out even better, but its not in season at the moment.   The fish monger at Whole Foods said that he should start getting fresh Alaskan halibut and King Salmon at the end of March.   I am really looking forward to that.

For Christmas, my wife gave me a screen to cover the pan when I am frying fish.   The screen has activated charcoal inside to absorb the fish smell.   This really keeps the house from smelling like cooked fish and I highly recommend.

I served the halibut with plain rice and a side of zucchini sauteed in olive oil.    I love mixing the chutney with the rice.

My 9 year old daughter loves plain white Thai Jasmine rice and she is starting to eat zucchini!  The halibut is much too spicy for her, so whenever I make fish, I usually make poached wild caught salmon for her.   She loves to dip each bite of salmon in lemon juice and olive oil and she can put away a half pound of salmon when she is really hungry.  Its one of her favorite foods. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment