Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lemon Grilled Chicken Breasts

We had a beautiful day here in San Jose, California, so I decided to do some grilling for tonight's dinner.   I used the Cooking Light marinade recipe for Lemon Grilled Chicken Breasts.   This recipe had very positive reviews on myrecipes.com.    The chicken turned out great and I will probably never grill plain chicken breasts again after tonight's dinner.   Well, except for the chicken I grill for my 9 year old daughter.   She does not like her food to be "seasoned."   My wife really liked the chicken marinated this way as well.     The photo below from myrecipes.com shows the chicken prepared with couscous and grilled asparagus.    My wife made plain rice to go along with the chicken and I steamed some asparagus which didn't really turn out that great.    All said and done an easy meal to prepare. 



I did the shopping at Whole Foods earlier in the day and it took me about an hour to prepare the dinner starting with the chicken and marinade.

Here is my shopping list:

Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (1.2lb @ 8.99/lb)...  $10.78
Asparagus (.57lb @ 4.99/lb)...  $2.84
Rice (didn't need to buy any, I made a cup of rice)... $0.50
Lemon... $0.30


Total  $14.42 for 4 servings or $3.60 per serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment