Friday, November 1, 2013

Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto

Every once in a while, dinner doesn't turn out well.   We had pizza take out last night since it was Halloween and we didn't have time to shop and cook a proper dinner.    So, tonight I planned to make something that need to provide us with one meal and no left overs.  

Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross

Several months ago, I made Cooking Light's Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Pesto.   It was delicious and I loved the homemade pesto so much that I have made several different pesto dishes since then.   Unfortunately, tonight's dinner did not match expectations set by my previous attempt at this recipe.  

The only real issue was the pasta.   I bought fresh Gnocchi from whole foods, like I did last time.  I didn't realize that I had picked up wheat-free Gnocchi.   It wasn't good at all and it pretty much ruined the whole dish.  After a few bites, I started picking out the shrimp and asparagus which were alright.   The homemade pesto turned out well. 

Overall, though, a disappointing dinner.  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment