Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sofie's Birthday Dinner - Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin and Pasta

Thanksgiving falls on my daughter's birthday this year and she protested the fact that instead of having both a Thanksgiving holiday dinner and a birthday dinner, should would only one or the other.   So, we decided to celebrate our Thanksgiving on Wednesday (yesterday) and Sofie requested her favorite dinner for her birthday-- Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with a side of Pasta. 



I have written many other posts about my Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin.    Everyone who tries this dish thinks it is totally delicious and it turned out great for Sofie's birthday dinner as well.

We don't usually serve this with pasta, but Sofie requested it.  Sofie likes her pasta either plain with some butter and fresh grated Parmesean or with some sweet tomato sauce.  For my wife and I, I made some pesto using fresh basil, parsley, toasted pine nuts, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic and mixed this with pasta and fresh tomatoes.

For dessert, Kelly made apple slices with melted chocolate and caramel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment