Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Salmon with Tangy Cucumber Sauce

Salmon with Tangy Cucumber Sauce is a dish I have made before but I have not written about.   This is Cooking Light recipe I found on myrecipes.com.   The recipe calls for grilling the fish and the seasoning on the fish is just some salt and pepper. 


 I have had so many bad experiences grilling fish, with my fish falling apart on the grill, that I haven't even tried to grill fish for for several years.   I should probably get a grill rack for fish and give it another shot sometime.   I cooked the salmon on the stove top in a little butter and olive oil, a few minutes on each side.   I used some nice thick pieces of wild-caught Alaskan king salmon and I cut the skin off before I cooked the fish. 

Unfortunately, salmon season is over, and this fish was previously frozen, so it wasn't quite as good as some of the fresh salmon we have had this year.   Well, this dish is really about the cucumber dill sauce.   The sauce includes cucumber, sour cream, green onion, fresh dill, lemon juice, horseradish and salt.   I love this sauce mixed with the salmon. 

I served the salmon with roasted potatoes with parsley and parmesean cheese and some asparagus which I steamed for less than 5 minutes and then sauteed in olive oil for a few more minutes.   Everything was really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment