Sunday, November 24, 2013

Herbed Chicken with Zesty Potato Salad

On Sunday, my wife, Kelly, made another dish using a recipe from the Williams-Sonoma New Slow Cooker Cookbook.   The recipe, Herbed Chicken with Zesty Potato Salad, calls for browning the chicken over the stove and then cooking for several hours in the slow cooker.  





The dish includes onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves, and although I always appreciate a new and different dish for dinner, I thought the flavors were a little strong and the chicken a little dry.   The recipe calls for bone-in chicken thighs, but we used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I think the substitution contributed to the less than spectacular results.

The potato salad turned out great and it is something I would make again.  Another blogger used this recipe and wrote about it in more detail here.


No comments:

Post a Comment