Saturday, November 16, 2013

Black Bean Salad

After some heavier meals I made from the Chicken Biryani I made last Thursday, I decided to make something a bit lighter and serve a black bean salad for dinner on Saturday.   I used a Cooking Light recipe for the salad.  


Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Fonda Shaia

The ingredients include avocado, lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, green onions, and jalapeno.   At less than 200 calories per serving, this salad needed a bit more substance to make this a meal, so I added some roasted chicken I bought already roasted from the grocery store and I made a dressing for the salad.    The dressing included some olive oil, vinaigrette, fresh garlic, chili powder, sugar, and lime juice.   This is my take on a southwestern variation of a greek salad dressing.  

With the chicken and the dressing, dinner came in at a little over 400 calories and it was delicious and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment