Sunday, November 17, 2013

Picadillo Tostadas

For the past few weeks, my wife has been cooking some of the weekend dinners and using recipes from the Williams-Sonoma New Slow Cooker Cookbook by Brigit Binns.   The dinners have been amazing.   Brigit Binns has published several cookbooks and they all look like they could be just as fantastic as the New Slow Cooker Cookbook.  



For dinner on Sunday, my wife made Picadillo Tostadas.   This recipe is not online, so unfortunately, I can not provide a link to the recipe, but I will do my best to describe it without copying the recipe word for word.   The boneless beef chuck is browned in oil over the stove and then placed in the slow cooker.   The same pan is used to saute onion and garlic which is then placed in the slow cooker along with apple, vinegar, and tomatoes, raisins, and spices of bay leaves, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and pepper.   The whole dish is cooked for 5 hours in the slow cooker and served over corn tortillas with a slaw made from carrots and cabbage.

I thought this dish was delicious but my wife said she didn't like it too much and that she realized that she wasn't a big fan of chuck roast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment