Friday, August 30, 2013

Pan-Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri

I made Pan-Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri on Friday night.   This is probably the fourth time I have made this for dinner so far this year.    The last time I made this dish was while visiting my parents last June.   I wanted to make a nice dinner for them, but since my mother does not like fish, I used grilled chicken breasts instead of halibut.   The chimichurri and charred vegetables are just as good with chicken as they are with halibut.

I found some wonderful looking, fresh halibut at Whole Foods in Campbell, CA, where I do most of my grocery shopping.   I recently agreed to some type of marketing program whereby Whole Foods gets to track what I buy and I get a 1% discount on all my groceries.   Seems like a pretty good deal for Whole Foods.

According to Wikipedia, Chimichurri is originally from Argentina.  The Cooking Light version is basically fresh basil, fresh cilantro, shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and a bite of fish with the chimichurri is just delightful.


Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro 

Pan-Grilled Halibut with Chimichurri is a Cooking Light recipe I found on myrecipes.com.   The recipe for the  Charred Vegetables with Rice is also a Cooking Light recipe.   


No comments:

Post a Comment