Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lemon Grilled Chicken Breasts and Steamed Carrots

Lemon grilled chicken breasts is a dish I have made several times.   Its not a stand out hit, but a good, reliable, and healthy grilled chicken dish when I need something simple and delicious.   I served the chicken with plain rice and spinach sauteed in olive oil.



I did try a new side dish with this meal-- Steamed Carrots with Garlic Ginger Butter.   Yum!   These were really delicious as well.    I rarely cook carrots so its always nice to have something new and different.  It keeps the dinners interesting.   This is Cooking Light recipe from myrecipes.com.




Here's the calorie breakdown of tonight's dinner:


Food Calories
4oz Grilled Chicken 187
Steamed carrots with garlic and ginger butter 70
Sauteed Spinach 60
1/2 cup of cooked rice 120
Total 437

No comments:

Post a Comment