Sunday, August 11, 2013

Tuna Steaks and Orzo with Butter and Parsley

I had planned to make salmon with a spice rub on Sunday for dinner, but Whole Foods was out of fresh salmon.    There were some gorgeous looking Ahi tuna steaks available, so I bought those instead.   I sprinkled the tuna steaks with salt and pepper and then pan fried them in olive oil and a little butter for a few minutes on each side.

The tuna steaks were good.   It turned out to be a nice change from salmon and it has been such a long time since I had Ahi tuna, I really forgot how delicious it can be.

The orzo with butter and parsley is a dish I have made and written about here many times.    Its one of my go to side dishes.   Its is another Cooking Light recipe I found on myrecipes.com

Here the calorie count for this dinner:


Food Calories
5oz Tuna Steak (with olive oil and butter) 180
3oz of cooked orzo with butter and parsley 360
Total 540

No comments:

Post a Comment