Sunday, August 18, 2013

Grilled Tandoori Chicken

My wife and I both love Indian flavors and Tandoori chicken is a favorite whenever we go to an Indian restaurant.   Back in March, I made Tandoori chicken for the first time using a recipe from Cooking Light which I found on myrecipes.com.   I also use only boneless, skinless chicken breasts when I make this dish.   The chicken breasts are a healthier choice than the whole chicken legs.

Photo: Romulo Yanes; Food Styling: Simon Andrews; Prop Styling: Helen Crowther


This is the 4th time I have made Tandoori chicken with this recipe, this year.   A couple of times when we had this, I picked  up some Naan (Indian flat bread) from a local Indian restaurant, but I didn't do that for this meal, but only because I didn't think of it.   Since both my wife and I are on a diet, we really don't need the extra calories from the bread anyway.

In the past I have made Indian-spiced green beans using a Cooking Light recipe for Indian-spiced Okra on myrecipes.com.   I used the same spices and recipe again, but with zucchini this time.   I loved the green beans, but the Zucchini was amazing.

I also served rice and raita with this meal.   This dinner is less than 400 calories per plate with 4oz of cooked chicken per serving.   It makes for delicious left overs, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment