Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Spice Rubbed King Salmon with Orzo and Asparagus

While I generally cook fresh, wild-caught Salmon for dinner every couple of weeks while its in season, it has been quite awhile since I have cooked salmon with my favorite spice rub.    I think the last time was in May at the start of the season..   My spice rub includes  garlic powder, brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and all spice.   I cover the salmon with the spice rub and then broil the salmon for about 15 minutes. 



To go along with the Salmon, I made a side dish I use often, orzo with butter and parsley.   The orzo with butter and parsley is also a very simple and delicious Cooking Light side dish recipe that I found on myrecipes.com.    I also sauteed some fresh asparagus in a little bit of olive oil as another side dish. 

I ate 4.5 oz of cooked salmon, 3 oz of cooked orzo with butter and parsley, and about 6 asparagus spears.   Dinner was delicious and healthy and less than 500 calories.




No comments:

Post a Comment