Sunday, September 15, 2013

Halibut with Peach and Pepper Salsa

In the San Francisco Bay Area, our peaches came in kind of late this year.   It seems like locally grown, ripe peaches didn't show up in the stores until just a few weeks ago.   Its been a long wait.

Photo: Gentl and Hyers; Styling: Kendra Smoot

I saved this Cooking Light recipe for Halibut with Peach and Pepper several weeks ago and have been waiting for the right opportunity to try it.   I thought it might be too soon after I made the pineapple salsa with pork, but I just couldn't wait any longer and I wasn't sure if the peaches could wait any longer.

The ingredients of the salsa are fresh peaches, red bell pepper, fresh oregano, arugula, green onions, lemon juice and garlic.   I added a little sugar as well which was not in the recipe.   You could serve just about anything with this salsa and it would taste great, I'm sure, but the salsa with the halibut was wonderful.  

I served this with zucchini sauteed in olive oil and buttery corn on the cob.   My wife and I really enjoyed this dinner.

5oz of cooked halibut per serving, plus about 3/4 cup of the salsa, half an ear of corn with some butter, and a quarter cup of zucchini came out to about 400 calories.


No comments:

Post a Comment