Friday, September 20, 2013

Lemon Garlic Grilled Chicken with Quinoa and Toasted Pine Nuts

I was in the mood for some grilled chicken today before I went grocery shopping.   After searching through my list of recipes, I decided to make Green Beans and Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts to go along with the chicken.  

Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr

I sprinkled the chicken with salt and pepper and then marinated the chicken in a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in ziploc bag in the fridge for about 2 hours.   I grilled the chicken on charcoal grill using my technique of banking all of the hot coals around the outer edge of the grill and placing the meat in the center so that it is not directly above any of the hot coals.   I put the chicken on the grill, covered the grill, and let the chicken cook on one side for about 3 minutes.   Then I turned the chicken over, covered the grill again and let the chicken cook for another 8 minutes and then turned it again and let it cook for another 3 minutes.   The chicken turned out perfectly.   There is a similar Cooking Light recipe on myrecipes.com.

I snapped 4lbs of green beans and then steamed them for about 10 minutes.   I sauteed about a quarter cup of shallots in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 2 minutes and then added the green beans and sauteed the steamed green beans for another 5 to 6 minutes.   While the green beans were in the pan, I added about between 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.    This makes about 8 servings of green beans and they were delicious.

I have made the Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts before.   For, its the toasted pine nuts that really make this dish.  I use about 1 oz of pine nuts for 6 servings.   This is a Cooking Light recipe I found on myrecipes.com.   I really like this dish.

With about 4 oz of cooked chicken, 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa per serving, and about a cup of green beans, this is about a 400 calorie meal.  




No comments:

Post a Comment