Tuesday, May 14, 2013

King Salmon from Alaska is in Season!

Wild caught, King Salmon from Alaska is in season.   I am always delighted when I cook fresh salmon for the first time every season.   Its like every year, I forget how good fresh salmon is until I take that first bite.  



My favorite way to cook salmon is to put a spice rub on the salmon and broil it for 10 or 15 minutes.    I use a spice rub of garlic powder, brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.   I don't really use exact measurements to prepare the spice rub... I just put a little of everything in a little bowl and mix it up and then sprinkle it on the fish.

To go along with the salmon I made plain rice and zucchini sauteed in olive oil.    This is one of my daughter's favorite meals and she ate about a quarter pound of salmon, a good size serving of zucchini, and a serving of rice.   It always makes me happy to see her eat good, healthy food.

For myself, I had about 5 oz of salmon, a half cup of rice, and a serving of the zucchini.  My whole dinner was about 500 calories and there's some good omega-3 going on with the salmon.




No comments:

Post a Comment