Thursday, September 12, 2013

Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa

I have been wanting to try something new and decided to have a go at a Cooking Light recipe for Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa.   I have really been into making salsas this summer.   This turned out great and I wanted to keep eating the salsa when my pork chop was gone!    My wife enjoyed this dinner as well.

Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke


The recipe calls for pan grilled pork chops, but I really enjoy grilling outside on a warm day, so I grilled my pork chops over a charcoal grill.   I made the salsa on the stove.  

I served this with rice noodles and an southeast asian style salad with lettuce, shredded carrots, mint, cilantro, onion and a dressing made with sesame oil, chile garlic sauce, fish sauce, vinegar, and some sugar.

Everything was really delicious and the whole meal with a 3.5 oz cooked pork chop and 4 oz of cooked rice noodles and the salad was under 500 calories.




No comments:

Post a Comment