Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chevy's Crab Enchiladas

My wife gave me a Chevy's restaurant cookbook for my birthday.   Chevy's used to be one of my favorite places to eat out.   I have written about Chevy's restaurant in a previous blog post



I decided to try to make the Crab Enchiladas using a recipe from the new cookbook.   This is not a light recipe... this is full fat!  I figured, though, that based on many months now of cooking lighter and healthier food, I could try the Chevy's enchilada recipe and if the dish turned out well, I could try making a lighter version of the enchiladas in the future.

The recipe for Chevy's Crab Enchiladas can also be found online in an article by Bay Crossings, a publication about maritime culture in the San Francisco Bay Area.



My crab enchiladas turned out really good.   It is really the sauce that makes these enchiladas so delicious.   The recipe yields about 6 enchiladas which made for 3 servings.   The sauce for the 6 enchiladas is very rich and includes 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 4oz of cream cheese, and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.   

Each serving ended up at about 800 calories.    I am sure I make a healthier version of this recipe without giving up a lot of flavor and will probably give this a shot in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment