Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Classic Roasted Chicken

Classic Roasted Chicken is amazingly delicious.    I usually eat a whole chicken leg which I did tonight.   A whole chicken leg is about 6 ounces of meat which is almost 400 calories.   Combined with roasted potatoes and broccoli sauteed in olive oil, my dinner was around 600 calories.  I try to target around 500 calories for dinner, so I have to be careful about how much I eat the rest of the day when I make roasted chicken or I maybe I just need to eat less chicken at dinner!


I used  Cooking Light recipe for herb roasted.   The recipe calls for fresh chopped parsley and fresh chopped thyme.   The concept is simple and delicious, but it took me longer than I expected, almost 40 minutes, to get the potatoes into the oven.   I use only the leaves when I chop fresh time and pulling all of those little tiny leaves off the stems takes too long.

Photo: Johnny Autry/Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr/Lindsey Lower


I steamed the broccoli and then sauteed the broccoli in olive oil and fresh minced garlic and some salt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment