Thursday, September 5, 2013

Greek Salad with Chicken

Whenever I don't have much time to cook, a greek salad something I can prepare quickly, especially if I have time to pick up a roasted chicken from grocery store.    When I make greek salad, each serving includes about 1/4 cup chopped cucumber, 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup chopped tomato, 1 oz of cumbled feta cheese, 4 or 5 kalamata olives, and 3 oz of roasted chicken breast.  



The dressing per salad is a tablespoon of some type of vinegar, a teaspoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. 

I made some hummus earlier in the week and so on both Thursday and Friday night, I had Greek Salad, hummus, and pita bread for dinner.   At only 450 calories per meal, its a light and delicious meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment