Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chicken Enchiladas with Ranchero Sauce

I know I say a lot of dishes are my favorite, but Chicken Enchiladas really could be at the top of my all time greatest hits!   They are so good and this dish is usually good for dinner for two nights and at least a couple of lunches.   I get to enjoy this dish for several meals after I make it.

Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr

Its really the home made ranchero sauce which make this dish so good.   The recipe for the chicken enchiladas is based on Cooking Light recipe for bean and cheese enchiladas with ranchero sauce I found on myrecipes.com.   The ranchero sauce is made with fresh oregano, boiled ancho chiles, sauteed onion, tomato paste, lime juice, and cumin.   I boil the chicken in water, broth, and some water from the ancho chiles.    The enchiladas are stuffed with cheese, black beans, and chicken and then smothered in cheese and ranchero sauce.   Oh man, this is delicious!

I am getting hungry writing about it.  I try to limit myself to making this dish once over couple of months so I don't get too tired of it.   If I didn't restrain myself, I would make enchiladas a couple of times per month.

We usually eat two enchiladas per serving which comes out to about 450 calories per meal.  




No comments:

Post a Comment