Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Filet Mignon!

If you like a grilled steak, in my opinion, there is no better cut than Filet Mignon.   Its so tender and juicy when cooked well.    And I did a great job grilling the steak this evening, if I do say so myself.



Now when I was planning out my calories and nutrition for the day, the most amount of steak I could fit into my daily budget was about 3oz.   (That's 3oz after cooking).   That's a small steak, about 4oz before cooking, but at $30/lb for organic, grass fed, beef, eating less does save me some money.   I ended up buying about 3/4 lb for me, and my wife and daughter and we had about an ounce of steak left over.

To go along with the steak, I made mashed potatoes and fresh spinach sauteed in olive oil.   The whole dinner was a little over 400 calories not counting the apple I had for dessert.     I was hungry that day and if I wasn't on my diet I could easily have eaten twice as much.   Having steak that good and eating only 3oz is really good training if you are trying to improve your will power.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment