Saturday, May 25, 2013

Broiled Spice Rubbed Salmon, Quinoa, and Lemon Garlic Broccoli

Tonight's dinner was really great.   The food was delicious... like restaurant good.

The spice rub I used on the salmon is the same rub I used a couple of weeks ago... brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, onion powder, nutmeg, and paprika.    I coat the salmon with the spice rub and then broil the salmon on high for about 10 or 15 minutes.   This always turns out great and its really hard to beat fresh Alaskan King Salmon!


I decided to make Quinoa because the person I had invited for dinner cannot eat wheat.   I used a Cooking Light recipe I found on myrecipes.com for Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts.   This dish also includes shallots and garlic sauteed in olive oil and fresh chopped parsley.   A lot of the dishes I love have these three basic ingredients and although the Quinoa dish does not stand on its own, it was great with the salmon and the broccoli and definitely something I will make again.

 Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr

I prepared the broccoli by steaming it to the point where the broccoli started to become tender and then I sauteed the broccoli in olive oil with garlic and lemon juice and salt.   This is a variation on another Cooking Light recipe.   I think I could have used more lemon juice, but the dish was pretty good.   




No comments:

Post a Comment