Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grilled Chicken, Asparagus, and left over Mashed Potatoes

I haven't been very adventurous this week.   I guess with the warm weather I have been wanting to do more grilling outside and I haven't been that motivated to search through recipes.   So, I have mostly been making some of my old standards which are simple enough that I don't need a recipe.   

I grilled about 3lbs of organic, boneless, skinless, chicken breasts this evening.    I have been experimenting with my grilling technique and my outdoor cooking has been turning out great.   The chicken breasts tonight were cooked perfectly.   Great texture on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside.   I did not add any seasoning to the chicken except salt and pepper.



I cooked enough chicken for dinner tonight, tomorrow night, and four 3oz servings I can freeze and use for lunches over the next couple of weeks.   Its really convenient to have something healthy and delicious available in the freezer that I can take with me to work and heat up for lunch or even for dinner in a pinch.

We had left over mashed potatoes from last night's dinner and I also served fresh asparagus sauteed in olive oil.    Not sure yet what I am going to use the chicken for tomorrow night.  Maybe I will make a greek salad with grilled chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment