Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Turkey Bolognese

I really enjoyed my dinner tonight.   I made Turkey Bolognese using a Cooking Light recipe from myrecipes.com.     Oh, it was delicious.   The fresh oregano, basil, and parsley in the dish gave the sauce a wonderful aroma and flavor.  

Photo by Karry Hosford

 I had a pretty good size bowl of pasta and sauce and it was only about 450 calories.   I used only 1/4 teaspoon of salt rather than the full teaspoon of salt called for in the recipe reducing the sodium per serving from 800mg+ to less than 370mg per serving.

This is a pretty easy dish to make.   I already had chopped onion and parsley in the fridge, so I just needed to chop the oregano and basil and I was ready to start the sauce.   20 min on the stove and dinner is ready assuming you started boiling the water for the pasta around the time you start chopping.

The Asiago cheese really tops this dish off!

No comments:

Post a Comment