Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chicken Piccata and Pasta with Spinach and Prosciutto

Its been awhile since I made Chicken Piccata.   The last time I made Chicken Piccata was really, I think the first time I felt like I did the recipe justice.   And this time I think the sauce turned out even better than the last time. This dish is so flavorful and surprisingly healthy.

 Photo:  Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl

Using a 6oz chicken breast (uncooked weight) per serving, this delicious dish is only 365 calories.   Although it does have almost 600mg of sodium, but not a problem if you have been careful with your sodium intake for lunch and dinner.

I served the chicken with a side dish of Cheese Tortellini mixed with Prosciutto, sauteed spinach, and pine nuts.   This is a pretty simple dish, but it didn't really turn out for me.   The spinach and prosciutto kind of clumped together and did not mix well with the tortellini.   It was ok, but no one ate the left overs the next night.   The left over chicken picatta on the other hand was great for a second night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment