Monday, May 6, 2013

Spicy Southwestern Tabbouleh

I enjoyed the Bulgar with Cranberries I made a few days back so much, that I was looking for other variations of tabbouleh to make.    I found this recipe for Spicy Southwestern Tabbouleh and I had intended to try it out over the weekend, but just didn't have the chance, so I tried making it for dinner tonight.  

Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr

 Not really a good idea for a week night since there are more than 25 ingredients many of which need some chopping.   The worst is cilantro.   Pulling the leaves off takes me a long time and this recipe called for a cup of chopped cilantro... that's a lotta cilantro!

Anyway, I did finally finish and it really was delicious and I am looking forward to having leftovers of this dish over the next couple of days.

I also made lemon garlic halibut.   I sprinkled salt and pepper on fresh halibut and then marinated the halibut in minced garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil for about 20 minutes.   Then I cooked the halibut over medium heat in a pan with some olive oil for about 6 or 7 minutes.    Turned out great!

Dinner was late getting to the table and I spent about 2 hours in the kitchen on this meal!  Of course, during that time I made a separate dinner for my daughter and helped her with plan a pool party while I cooked dinner.  

This is another pretty healthy dinner.  The tabbouleh is a little over 200 calories per serving and the halibut was about 150 calories for each 4 serving... so the dinner was just a little over 300 calories.

I am doing well on my diet and I have lost 10 lbs since April 12th, when I started tracking my weight and being disciplined about what I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment