Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin (Reduced Sodium Version)

Over the weekend, I decided to give up on my plan to not repeat any dinners for 3 months.   After a couple of meals that didn't turn out so good recently, I decided to call upon one of my favorite dishes to maintain my high average customer (wife and daughter) satisfaction rating.   Tonight for dinner I made Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin



Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Rose Nguyen

This dish has turned out perfectly every time I have made it and its one of my daughter's favorites.   Since it is always a challenge to find things that she likes to eat, I didn't want to wait for another 3 weeks of my "no repeats" project before I made this dish again. 

The last time I made this dish was about 7 weeks ago, on March 4.     Now what is different this time is that I cut the salt used in the rub by half.   This reduces the amount of sodium per 3oz serving from 352mg to 200mg.   Which I think is pretty good.

To go along with the pork, I made steamed broccoli and roasted small red potatoes.   For the potatoes, I tossed 2lbs of potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a little less than 1/8th teaspoon of salt (about 1000mg), and some dried thyme and then roasted them in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350.     I got about 7 servings out of the potatoes.  

Here's the nutritional breakdown of the Pork Tenderloin with reduced sodium:

Pork Tenderloin
Calories 187
Total Fat 8.8g
Saturated Fat 2.4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g
Cholesterol 79mg
Sodium 200mg
Total Carbohydrates 0.1g
Protein 26g

For the whole meal (per plate) with 3oz Pork Tenderloin, 4oz of potatoes, 3oz of broccoli


Calories329
Total Fat11g
Saturated Fat3g
Polyunsaturated Fat1g
Monounsaturated Fat4.6g
Cholesterol79mg
Sodium365mg
Total Carbohydrates26g
Protein31g

I think that's a pretty delicious and healthy meal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment