Thursday, April 4, 2013

Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Melon Salsa

It was a beautiful spring day in San Jose today.   We started the day off with a little rain.   After the rain, the warm, slightly humid air smelled wonderful.    I decided to grill outside since the weather was so nice and made one of my favorite Cooking Light recipes-  Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Melon Salsa.  



This is one of the first Cooking Light recipes I ever made and I was really surprised by how good this dish was the first time I tried it.   This recipe is all about the salsa.   Its a combination of fresh herbs, spicy jalapeno, and fruit.   Its a combination I had never tried before I made this recipe and such a delight when you try this for the very first time.   Cooking Light uses this spicy pepper, fruit, fresh herb idea in many different salsa recipes.  

Dinner turned out great.   Again, I used my new grilling method of stacking the charcoal around the outer edges of the grill it worked great.   We have plenty left for left overs tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment