Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blackened Halibut Baja Tacos

I love fish tacos and Cooking Light has several great fish taco recipes.   Saturday night is the night I usually try a new recipe and tonight I made Blackened Halibut Baja Tacos based on Cooking Light's Blackened Tilapia Baja Taco recipe on myrecipes.com.    I don't really like to use tilapia because its almost always farm raised and I try to avoid farm raised fish.    Fresh halibut season just started and the fresh, wild caught halibut was wonderful.   This was my favorite meal since the Putanesca I made about a week and a half ago. 



The spice rub on the fish consists of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar, red pepper and oregano.  I will have to go back and compare this to the pork tenderloin spice rub I use which is very similar in the ingredients used but a much different flavor.     We finished every bite of fish. 

The jalapeno sauce for these tacos is made of fresh cilantro (hard to go wrong when something starts with fresh cilantro), sour cream, lime juice and jalapeno.    The sauce was so good, that during dinner I was really wishing I had made extra sauce to pour over my taco.

My wife really liked this dinner as well, so this is definitely something I will make again in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment