Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Moroccan-Style Beef with Chickpeas

A few minutes before I needed to leave work to go to the grocery store, I logged onto myrecipes.com to get some ideas for dinner.   I was hungry and immediately decided to make the Cooking Light recipe featured on the myrecipes.com home page today.    The recipe is Morrocan-Style Lamb with Chickpeas.   My wife does not like the ground lamb called for in the recipe, and I was in the mood for something chunkier, so I substituted chopped sirloin steak for the ground lamb.



Overall the flavors were good and my wife really liked this dish.   I served the dish over the couscous with arugula as suggested in the Cooking Light recipe.   Overall, I was a bit disappointed.  The flavors are very similar to some other "Cooking Light" recipes which I like a little better.   Maybe, the cinnamon and nutmeg were just not that appealing to me this evening.   It was good, just not great.   I will probably not eat the left overs tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment