Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chicken with Creamy Herb Sauce

I tried a new recipe tonight, Chicken with Creamy Herb Sauce.    I found this recipe on myrecipes.com.    It was rated as a 5 star recipe, but when I looked more closely, I saw that only one person had reviewed the recipe.   The numbers of stars don't mean much if there are not many reviewers. 

I decided to go ahead with the recipe anyway since it looked like it could be good and it three of my favorite ingredients are in the title:  Chicken, Fresh Herbs, and Creamy Sauce.   The sauce is basically buttermilk and mayonnaise with fresh herbs and roasted garlic.   The best part of the sauce was the roasted garlic and fresh herbs.    The buttermilk made the sauce taste a little like ranch dressing.   It was interesting, but I probably won't repeat this recipe.   The chicken was just ok. 

I also made fettuccine and steamed broccoli and served the chicken and broccoli over the fettuccine with the sauce over the top.   The concept was good, the flavors not quite right.   The left overs are supposed to be dinner tomorrow (Friday) night.


No comments:

Post a Comment