Sunday, October 20, 2013

Three Bean Chili

As the weather turns colder, I always look forward to making a pot of chili.   I will usually make chili for dinner 2 or 3 times during the fall and winter season.   Until tonight, I have always made chili using my mother's recipe which is pretty much beef stock, cooked ground beef, cooked onions, a can of kidney beans, diced tomatoes, a little tomato sauce, salt and chili powder.   It makes a wholesome and delicious chili that reminds me of home.



The past couple of years, my wife hasn't been very enthusiastic about my family chili recipe, so I decided to try something new and move to a healthier vegetarian recipe.    I found a Cooking Light slow cooker recipe for Three Bean Chili on myrecipes.com

This recipe adds a few more spices and flavors compared to my family chili recipe.   The Three Bean Chili includes jalapeno, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin and of course some additional types of beans and no meat.

Both my wife and I liked the new recipe better than my family chili recipe and I could always add meat to this recipe if desired.   But I like this healthier, lighter take on chili.   I am sure I will make this a couple of more times before spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment