Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bulgur with Dried Cranberries

There are a few different bulgur dishes I like to make and one of my favorites is a Cooking Light recipe for Bulgur with Dried Cranberries.   I have been making this for a few years now.   I use about half the salt called for in the recipe and if I remember to ease up on the salt, this dish is always delicious.

Photo: Ellen Silverman; Styling: Toni Brogan

I served this with grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast and steamed asparagus.   The chicken was seasoned with salt and pepper before grilling... nothing fancy there.   I probably steamed the asparagus a little too long because it was too soft.   I don't mind soft asparagus really.   I grew up eating canned asparagus which I loved, but my wife didn't much care for it.   Usually, I just steam it a little and then saute in olive oil for flavor, but I couldn't manage that and grill the chicken.   I think the bulgur and cranberries were so good that it made up for the mushy asparagus. 

The whole meal with 4 oz of chicken was around 400 calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment