Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ground Beef Kabobs, Grean Beans with Tomatoes, and Hummus

Middle eastern ground beef kabobs was one of my favorite dishes growing up.    I like to make these kabobs a couple of times per year and usually on a weekend when I have more time to chop a lot of parsley! 



The kabobs are just ground beef mixed with chopped parsley, chopped onions sauteed in olive oil, garlic, and salt.   I use about a half cup of chopped parsley and a half cup of onion per pound of beef.   I mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and then form the kabobs into little footballs.   I use about 2 oz of meat per kabob, so a pound will yield about 8 kabobs.  The kabobs are about 100 calories each.   Then I grill the kabobs over a charcoal grill.

The green beans and tomatoes is another recipe from my childhood, although I have made some modifications to this recipe.   I saute the beans in a little olive oil for about 5 to 7 minutes.   Then I add salt, pepper, and cumin and one 28oz can of diced tomatoes and let the beans and tomatoes simmer for a couple of hours on the stove before serving over rice.

My hummus recipe is online at myrecipes.com.   I have given my hummus recipe to several people over the years.    If you try it and you like it, please leave a comment for me on myrecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment