Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grilled Steak with Mushroom Wine Sauce

Seems like it had been some time since I grilled steak.  In general, this year, I have been eating much less beef than I have in the past.   I probably eat steak about once per month.   I wanted to something different with the steak and I found this Cooking Light recipe for a Filet Mignon with Mushroom Wine Sauce.

 Randy Mayor; Bob Gager

The recipe calls for cooking the steak on the stove, but I wanted to grill the steak.   I trimmed some of the fattier pieces off of the steak and cooked them over the stove to brown the pan and create some drippings for the sauce.   I prepared the sauce as directed by the recipe using the pan I cooked the trimmings in and substituting a California Black Muscat for the Sweet Marsala wine called for in the recipe.    I had a glass of the wine while I was cooking and it was really nice.



I grilled the steak and then we poured the sauce over the steak on our plates.   I served the steak with a baked potato and zucchini sauteed in olive oil.   The dinner turned out great.   And this is the first time I have ever served steak with a sauce.   This is definitely a recipe I will make again.



No comments:

Post a Comment