Thursday, October 3, 2013

Classic Light Bolognese Lasagna

I'm not sure if its the anticipation of fall or something else, but I have been feeling hungrier lately and craving heavier foods.   It has been quite a long time since I have made lasagna.   I have been thinking about this for a few weeks and looking at lasagna recipes and finally settled on a Cooking Light recipe for Classic Light Bolognese Lasagna.  

Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl

I liked that this recipe used mostly poultry instead of pork or beef and I liked the use of the fresh basil.   I substituted chicken sausage for the turkey breast in the recipe and I did not include the celery or carrot called for in the recipe.  

The lasagna was absolutely delicious.  Without a doubt it was the best lasagna I have ever made.   The recipe made about a little over 7 good sized (4" x 4") servings with each serving at about 420 calories.   When I make a dish like this, I like to freeze some of the servings so that I can use them for lunches over the following couple of weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment