Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mini Farfalle with Roasted Peppers, Onions, Feta, and Mint

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013

Tonights dinner is a delicious vegetarian dish,  Mini Farfalle with Roasted Peppers, Onions, Feta, and Mint.  Its another Cooking Light recipe I got from myrecipes.com.  



This is the second time I have made this dish and it turned out really well both times.   The fresh mint and fresh basil and toasted pine nuts add such wonderful aromas to this dish.   Its a hearty meal and after a bowl of this pasta dinner, I felt full.

I left to go grocery shopping at Whole Foods at about 5pm to buy the ingredients and had dinner on the table by 6:45pm.    Here's my grocery bill:

16oz Box of Farfalle Pasta...  $2.50 (I used only 1/2 a box... so let's call it $1.25)
Organic Fresh Mint...   $1.99
Organic Fresh Basil...   $3.99  (The Whole Foods near me sells fresh basil in a container which always has 3x as much fresh basil as I need.   Unless I make something else which uses fresh basil soon, I will end up throwing the rest out).
Organic Pine Nuts (.09lb @ 29.99/lb)... $2.70
Red Onion...  $2.00
Feta Crumbles... $2.79
Thompson Raisins  $.30
Jar of Roasted Peppers... $3.39

Total....  $18.41

Made 3 servings... $6.13/serving if include the cost of all the basil I bought, $5.25/serving if I include the cost of the basil I used.

Now since this dinner made only 3 servings, I don't have enough left over for dinner for my wife and I for tomorrow night.   I have to remember to make more than the recipe calls for next time.

See you Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment