Sunday, February 17, 2013

Herb Crusted Chicken and Parsley Orzo

Tonight I made Herb Crusted Chicken and Parsley Orzo with some spinach sauteed in olive oil.  This is another recipe from Cooking Light on MyRecipes.com.   I have made this dish a few times before and it has always turned out well.   Tonight was no exception, but since I have not made it for awhile I think we appreciated it more.   It was a healthy, delicious dinner.   My 9 year old daughter loves any kind of pasta as long as its served plain or with olive oil or butter.   She doesn't like any kind of sauces yet.   I prepared some Orzo for her without the parsley.



The most time consuming part of this dish is pulling the parsley leaves off the stems.   That usually takes me about 20 minutes.   Maybe I'm slow.   I love almost anything with fresh parsley, so its worth the 20 minutes in my opinion.   I started cooking about 6:15 and we started eating at 7:30pm.   I don't measure the ingredients when I use this recipe.   I just sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and then sprinkle Herbs de Provence on both sides of the chicken until the chicken is pretty well coated.   For the Parsley Orzo, I chop up a bunch of fresh parsley and then start mixing parsley butter and the cooked orzo and some salt until it tastes about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment